Saturday, September 29, 2012

Saturday Night Death

Livin’ in a van down by the river
Cocaine in my veins – alcohol in my liver
Caffeine and amphetamines get me by
But you’re laughing so hard it makes you cry

Ain’t got Jack Squat after the show
Just echoes of laughter from the front row
Everyone’s laughing – got to keep up the pace
Can’t look in the mirror ‘cause I’m a disgrace

Funny as hell, but goin’ there fast
Gotta get help or I’m not gonna last
These permanent shakes make me shiver
And I don’t like livin’ in a van down by the river


(Reprise)
Live from New York
It’s a Saturday Night Death
Laughin’ one moment
Dead in the next
Live from New York, it’s a Saturday Night Death


I’ll do anything when I’m in the spotlight
‘Cause Live from New York…It’s Saturday Night!
Applause is off the meter when I start my dance
High as a kite – I’m in a trance

Do whatever it takes so my star doesn’t fade
Grim Reaper’s got my number, I’ve got a Spade
Finally buried myself in a hotel in Chicago
Might as well have been in my van down by the river





© 2006 O’Connor Bros. All rights reserved.
© 2012 Michael O'Connor. All rights reserved.




No comments:

Post a Comment